Stream are working with a world leader in the Defence sector and currently there are fantastic opportunities in their Systems Design domain for enthusiastic and multi-skilled engineers to work within emerging and future product portfolio. These are highly visible, fast-paced roles, in small teams, with high levels of delegated responsibility, to define and develop products and the associated technology plans for future products.
The typical role will include a significant level of exposure to the clients future product portfolio, and the opportunity to influence that portfolio, particularly the product solutions therein. Customer interaction and relationships are extremely important to the client, and you will have the opportunity to engage in this key area. Particular aspects in the role include:
* Customer needs analysis and elicitation
* Developing concepts and undertaking trade studies
* The opportunities to manage task packages, including driving programmes to delivery, management of associated budgets and interfacing with technology areas.
* Identification of new technologies, maturing and exploiting these for next generation systems
* Support bids for future development
What are we looking for?
* Ideally degree qualified with a strong engineering or science background
* Trade concepts / trade studies / developing concepts / bids experience
* Creativity, imagination and the ability to innovate
* Ability to work across multiple disciplines, including product concepting, technology maturation, systems design & architecting, sub-system decomposition.
* Experience of task package ownership and managing technical programmes
* Ability to respond to, and comfortable working with, the customer domain
* Comfortable with change , and adaptable and flexible to changing/emerging requirements
* Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
* Helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, whilst dealing with all levels of the business; from supporting junior colleagues to direct customer interface
What’s in it for you?
* Opportunity to network across the business, including Technology Functions, Sales & Business Development and Programmes
* Develop a broad skill base, across technology and systems engineering
* Work across multi-faceted domains of technical engineering, technology and business skill bases.
* Help to shape the future opportunities for the client.
Please note, due to the nature of the work you must be SC cleared / clearable to apply.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.