Stream Resourcing are working closely with a leading Defence client who are heavily recruiting despite the pandemic. There are fantastic opportunities in Systems Design for engineers to work within Future Systems. These are highly visible, fast-paced roles, in small teams, with high levels of delegated responsibility, to define and develop products and the associated technology plans for future products.
- Customer needs analysis/elicitation
- Develop concepts, undertake trade studies
- Opportunities to own task packages, drive programmes, manage finances and interface with technology areas.
- Identify new technologies, maturing and exploiting these for next generation systems
- Support bids for future development
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to network across the business, inc Technology Functions, Sales & Business Development and Programmes
- Develop a broad skill base, across technology and systems engineering
- Work across multi-faceted domains of technical engineering, technology and business skill bases.
- Help to shape the future opportunities for the client
What’s great about the team?
The future systems teams tend to be small and therefore each role is key to overall success. We strive to develop individuals and to provide opportunities for people to own their own task packages and run the technical and business interfaces. The work is very diverse and therefore there is acceptance that individuals will need to develop the technology skill set, therefore placing more emphasis on an individual’s behaviours and potential. There is a lot of customer interfacing and helping to develop what the real needs are.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally degree qualified with a strong engineering or science background
- Developing concepts, Undertaking trade studies essential
- Creativity, imagination and the ability to innovate
- Ability to work across multiple disciplines of technology concepting, systems design and architecture, sub-system decomposition and functional allocation
- Experience of task package ownership and running technical programmes
- Ability to respond to customer requests; from generation of white papers through to formal bid submission
- Adaptable and flexible to changing/emerging requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, whilst dealing with all levels of the business; from supporting junior colleagues to direct customer interface
**Due to the nature of the work, you must be a sole British national who is SC cleared / clearable to apply**
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.