Systems Engineer – Camberley/Weymouth – Permanent – Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits Package
Would you like to play a pivotal role in the development of intelligent Combat Systems used to detect threats in the naval environment, in order to improve the fight capability of the Royals Navy’s latest and most proficient generation of attack submarines?
We are currently working with a world leading defence company that is seeking a Systems Engineer who will be responsible for designing and developing safety-critical and mission-critical navigation systems for state of the art submarines. This is a fantastic opportunity to work at the forefront of defence technology, contributing to the success of the UK’s defence programme.
As a systems engineer, you will be a strong team player with excellent communication skills, with the ability to work proactively and under your own initiative. Your main responsibilities will include:
* Managing the system design of the navigation systems for the submarine platform
* Gathering and managing high-level customer requirements and decomposing them into system level requirements
* Handling design change and design improvements from existing platform baselines to ensure improvements in the functionality of future platforms
* Cascading requirements to suppliers and carrying out supplier visits, to support the development and integration of sub-systems
* Being involved in design reviews, including those with ship builders, suppliers, and the MoD customer
* Supporting system integration and testing
* Achieving strong stakeholder relationships at varying level.
Your skills and qualifications:
* Experience in systems engineering- including systems design and integration
* Requirements management experience
* HNC/ HND level qualification in relevant engineering field or equivalent experience
* Experience using DOORS
Important Information: Due to the nature of the projects, successful applicants will be required to satisfy a SC level security clearance.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.