The Electronic Engineering (EE) Team has entered the next phase of its exciting evolution within our client: a world-class European missile company. The growing workload has created exciting opportunities within the Electronic Engineering function for Electrical/Electronic Architects to define and develop technical solutions and design strategies for our electronic equipment. You will be responsible for managing the technical elements of Electronic equipment, working alongside the Engineering Project Manager to ensure the ‘On Time, On Cost, On Quality’ delivery of the technical solution.
What are we looking for?
Ideally educated to degree level or an equivalent qualification, with an electronics bias, having obtained substantial experience in some or all of the following areas:
* Digital electronics and microprocessor systems
* Power electronics for distributed power networks
* Design of equipment for safety critical environments
* Design of equipment for handling of sensitive customer data
* Understanding of software and firmware development techniques
* Compact packaging and thermal management techniques for complex high performance electronic equipment.
* Ideally, some understanding of internal computing design covering System on Chip technologies
* RF, Signal Processing & Software Defined Radio experience desirable
* EMC and Environmental design experience desirable
In this role, you will be required to analyse and summarise design data from multiple sources clearly and succinctly, in order to develop a robust product design and development strategy. To do this successfully, you will need to have:
* An excellent understanding of the systems development lifecycle throughout the complete V-model for sub-system development.
* The curiosity and enthusiasm to keep up-to-date with latest engineering techniques and products
* Ability to think outside of the box to implement innovative and effective engineering solutions.
* The ability to communicate with stakeholders clearly and concisely on technical matters.
* Strong influencing skills and stakeholder management.
* The ability to work independently & pro-actively
* The ability to adapt quickly to obstacles and changing demands.
* Willingness to travel within UK and Europe when required
The role is responsible for the definition of the electrical and mechanical architecture of the equipment and the analysis and decomposition to the lower level requirements for the sub-elements.
Typically, responsibilities include:
* Establishing the equipment architecture definition and justifying design decisions
* Identifying and managing technical risk throughout the development lifecycle.
* Generating Cardinal Point Specifications / Technical Requirement Specifications
* Promoting reusable functions and modules (e.g. computing cores).
* Overseeing the development, ensuring compliance with the established architecture.
* Managing project technical delivery by leading the design and development of a technical solution that is fully compliant with the CPS and TRS, and is a quality (value for money/fit for p