This is an opportunity for a systems engineer to support developing advanced seeker technologies for the next generation weapon system currently being designed to engage both maritime and land threats.
This is a role where good communication is vital for ensuring that the proposed seeker design options are correctly understood by the stakeholders. The role includes liaising with the expert technical advisors and ensuring that the seeker concepts are clearly defined and communicated.
Development and agreement of subsystem technical requirements for seekers, which exploit a range of sensor technologies comprising infrared / electro-optic (EO) sensor, and Passive radar sensor concepts and the integration of sensors within a missile seeker with infrared and radar.
The role includes:
* Development and agreement of subsystem technical requirements for a multi sensor seeker (including passive RF and EO).
* Opportunity to work with world-class technical experts in the field of multi sensor missile seeker technology.
* Delivery of a coherent design comprising of a range of complex integrated subsystems.
* System design trades which address the impact of other missile subsystems on Seeker performance.
* Down-selection of technical options and conduct of supporting technical studies. Consideration of technical and business benefits of options elicited from various teams and disciplines.
* Management of seeker sensor systems requirements and trade-offs within the DOORS environment, in line with the higher level customer requirements.
What are we looking for?
* Ideally degree qualified or equivalent with the following skills and experience:
* Experience of RF technologies.
* Proficient technical abilities and interests.
* Able to bridge gaps across functional boundaries. Able to develop warm relationships across the wider teams.
* Awareness of requirements management principles.
* Awareness of sensors technologies and willingness to develop proficiency in both the RF/EO technical domain
* Guidance, control and/or navigation background.
* Seeker background.
* Sensors background (electro-optic and/or radar).
* Experience of systems engineering tools such as DOORS, RTC, MATLAB, Rhapsody, SysML.
* Experience conducting technically challenging studies individually or part of a team.
* Experience of working with multiple stakeholders to coordinate a design.
* Awareness of terminal phase engagement chain issues.
* Experience of RF/EO data fusion techniques
What’s in it for you?
* You will be working on product development making a direct contribution to the overall business objectives.
* Multi Sensor seeker design is a key innovation for for the client, which will introduce new challenges with great potential for career advancement.
* The work provides opportunity to experience and influence the early