Systems Engineer – Satellite Communications
Permanent – West Sussex
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Stream resourcing are currently working with a globally leading, innovative Aerospace company that spans across both the Military and Civil domains. They currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join their team, working primarily in the commercial fixed wing environment, specifying and designing satellite communication systems and subsystems and integrating these with a variety of avionics systems on a variety of platforms. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the execution and delivery of assigned work package tasks to budget and schedule.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
* To execute Systems Engineering tasks in accordance with the company DDQS Process, the relevant Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP) and associated subordinate Engineering Plans.
* To contribute to the design and development of SATCOM systems covering various frequency bands used by current and future civil & military communication systems
* Preparation of User Level and Systems Level Requirement Specifications
* Contributing to System and Subsystem Architecture and Top-Level Design, considering wider product policy and technology roadmaps
* Requirement allocation to Subsystems; working collaboratively with other engineering disciplines to ensure the correct flow down of requirements and flow up of compliance evidence
* Preparation of Interface Specifications.
* Preparation of Technical Statements of Work for equipment suppliers, and management of equipment subcontractors
* Preparation of IVVQ Plans, development of Test Means and Test Schedules, and execution of subsequent tests providing evidence for functional and non-functional requirement acceptance across all planned test points.
* Contribute to the execution of the System Qualification & Certification
* To support in the identification, mitigation and closure of dependencies, Risks & Opportunities
Essential and Desirable Skills/Experience
* Knowledge of existing Avionics SATCOM Products and System developments. In particular, knowledge of Inmarsat and Iridium services and Swift Broadband (ARINC 781, 771A, 761 & 741, and DO262C MOPS) are sought
* Knowledge of Civil Aviation Communications Systems and Networks both current and future visions & trends
* Experience of requirements capture, decomposition and management (e.g. in DOORS) is essential
* Experience of system architectural design is essential, and architectural modelling is beneficial
* Experience of developing models of system performance (e.g. In MatLab/Simulink or alternative tool set) is beneficial
* Understanding of engineering standards, engineering processes and maturity models
* Experience in development of systems in accordance with ARP4754A, ARP4761 and supporting RTCA DO-178B software development and DO-254 hardware development
* Experience working with network systems and networking principles, data, voice, or video and network software and hardware, data, voice, or video
* PC Literate: Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
In line with the companies’ baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.