Permanent – Hertfordshire
Are you a Technical Documentation Writer looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work for an award-winning, forward-thinking company where you can add real purpose and work on new exciting new technologies?
Stream Resourcing are currently working closely with a Market Leading Defence company that can offer all of this, as well as a clear and structured progression pathway, enabling you to continually grow and develop as an engineer.
As a Technical Writer you will have the unique and exhilarating opportunity to work on a wide, complex portfolio of products, across multiple products. Key requirements for the role include:
* Experience in technical authoring is essential. Use of SGML is required but also the ability to adapt to other formats of authorship is desirable.
* Familiarity in the use of S1000D based authoring tools, be aware of BREX (Business Rules Exchange) use and Guidance Documents, a CSDB (Common Source Data Base) environment and the associated reports, quality reviews and eventual delivery to the highest quality, on time and on cost.
* Be able to work with a variety of different types of people and will maintain a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, even when things are changed at the last minute.
* Provide technical expertise in ensuring design teams have a clear understanding of the publication development, production and upkeep process.
* Liaise with product suppliers in support of technical publication technologies whilst maintaining personal and technical reports, records etc. of all technical publication activities to a high standard.
* Willingness to travel within the UK and overseas.
* The ability to satisfy and maintain UKSV Security Clearance.
If you have applied to this position please allow 3 days for a response, if you haven’t been contacted in 1 week please assume your application has been rejected.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.