Technical Service Manager – Basingstoke (Hampshire) – Permanent – £45k-£55k
A Medical Device Manufacturer is seeking a Technical Service Manager to be responsible for the Field Service, Inhouse Service and Technical Support part so their business.
This role has the scope to grow into a Director position with complete responsibility for this business unit, offering a service to the companies direct customer base but also a third party field service solution.
1. Directly manage and coordinate the technical support team to ensure technical issues faced by the customers are prioritized/escalated/resolved.
2. Directly manage Job Schedulers to ensure best possible utilisation of Field Service Engineer time through effective and efficient resource planning/scheduling
3. Work closely with the Customer Support/After Sales Team and the Field Service Manager to improve customer experience; improve service efficiencies, reduce resolution times, improve non-contact resolution rate, and reduce response times.
4. Create a centralised source of service knowledge/info/documentation to provide technical support to engineers, contractors, the in-house service team, the sales team, and customers.
1. Overall management, coordination, and accountability of technical support and job scheduling activities.
2. Ensure In-house and Field Service Engineers are provided with the necessary technical information and service parts to carry out their jobs.
3. Ensure sufficient service spares are held, enabling repairs to be carried out in a timely manner.
4. Ensure adequate and timely inspection of all returned parts, that fault and trend analysis is conducted, and that any necessary corrective/preventative action is implemented.
5. Identify and develop opportunities to improve relevant processes, procedures and controls
6. Identify training needs to improve departmental knowledge / performance.
7. Review Engineer Job Sheets to ensure completeness and that any resulting actions are duly acted upon
8. Act as an escalation point for customer issues, liaising directly with customers when required to do so.
9. Update Service Engineers on changes/improvements through the creation and issuing of Service Bulletins.
10. Assist with planning/designing/conducting technical service training for groups or individuals
11. Communicate results and key performance indicators to stakeholders and executive management.
12. Feed-back issues identified by Service Engineers to Technical, QA and Production.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.