Technical Support Consultant (First and Second Line Support) – Oxford – £20,000 – £30,000 + benefits + flexitime
We are currently looking for enthusiastic, ambitious First and Second line Support Consultants who are wanting to develop and progress their skills at an innovative Software House based in Oxford.
This position will allow you to receive a solid grounding in technical support and will allow you to use and develop skills in a supportive environment. The role will involve dealing with support requests submitted by customers: this will range from application functionality issues, investigating potential bugs or performing investigations so the customer gets the most out of the software.
Alongside 1st and 2nd line support you will also get involved with assisting clients and implementation managers by performing upgrades and applying patches to systems. This involves running database scrips and configuring different components.
As new versions of software are released every month you may also get involved in user testing and can visit customer sites to demonstrate new features and assist with testing.
It is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy team in a role that will see you supporting several oftheir innovative products. We are looking for someone who is passionate and serious about developing their career in technical system support. This role will be busy, and you can expect to be challenged technically.
· Experience in application support
· Experience writing queries in SQL
· Background in technical troubleshooting
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Experience reviewing or writing technical documentation
· Educated to degree level
· Experience with reporting tools (e.g. Microsoft Access, Business Objects or SQL Reporting Services
· Experience performing mail mergers
· Knowledge of local government contracts, and finance management systems
– £1000 per annum training budget for work related courses of your choice
– Laid back culture- no dress code
– All expenses paid lunch every two weeks for the whole office
– Loyalty sabbatical break (every 5 years, 4 weeks off)
– Fantastic holiday allowance- 33 days including bank holiday with the option to buy 10 more
– Flexi time
– Remote working opportunity
– Very social environment- social events every month EG) cocktail making, pizza making, parties
– Salary sacrificed loan free season ticket for travel
– Money towards a bike that you don’t have to pay back
– Free eye checks, free vaccinations
– Competitive pension scheme
– Many more
Technical Support Consultant (First and Second Line Support) – Oxford – £20,000 – £30,000 + benefits + flexit