Full time – Permanent
Salary £25,000 – £30,000
Our client are a market leader in delivering technology and professional services strategies that support their customers. They have the agility and capability to respond to the next wave of technology with the team structure to work collaboratively. Their main aim is to become an embedded and trusted partner their clients. Their success in delivery is based on bringing in and developing the right people to help their clients and partners to achieve their vision.
Our clients reputation for operating responsibly and safely is critical as they go about the everyday business of supporting organisations within highly regulated industries. They are committed to working to the highest ethical, safety and environmental standards.
Purpose of the role:
The Mechanical Technician will build, manufacture and assemble equipment to the highest of quality and in accordance with the company procedures, customer standards and regulatory requirements.
Key responsibilities and tasks
* General Mechanical assembly / manufacturing
Detailed fitting and assembly such as motors, pumps
Small bore piping.
* Feedback design issues to appropriate personnel.
* Degreasing, including cleaning for oxygen use.
Ensure Health and Safety requirements are adhered to at all times
To maintain professional standards within the shop floor and production areas.
* Carry out any other ad-hoc duties as required to support the needs of the business.
* Provide a professional backup service for colleagues during peak times or during absence.
* Follow company procedures, standards and regulatory requirements.
* Maintain continuous professional development to ensure knowledge is up to date.
* Act as an ambassador for the company in all interactions with customers and the public.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
* ONC/NVQ qualification in engineering
* Apprenticeship in relevant mechanical engineering field
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering drawings, specifications and procedures
* Good hands on mechanical skills
* Pragmatic approach to tasks
* Must be able to work efficiently as part of a team and to work under pressure in a challenging environment
* Previous mechanical assembly or manufacturing experience
* Strong commitment to quality
* Flexiblity, enthusiasm, self-motivated and able to work well under own initiative
* Previous experience within a manufacturing and defence environment
* Shipbuilding / Ship Repair background within the MOD / Naval Industry
* Results oriented
* Excellent attention to detail
* Able to forge strong working relationships both internally and externally
* IOSH Working Safely
Role travel requirements
Some travel to other offices or MoD sites in the UK may occasionally be required.
* Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK
* Candidates must have passed UK security clearance to Security Check level or be able to obtain this level. To gain SC clearance you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years.
* Candidates must be able to obtain a basic security check which will normally require you to have been resident in the UK for at least 3 years.
What is in it for you?:
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Defined contribution company pension
* Company Profit Share scheme
* 4x Annual Salary Life assurance policy
* The Company will pay for one membership to an appropriate professional institution related to your role.
If you are interested in this role click apply now and one of our recruitment team will be in touch.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.