Insignis Talent are currently working with a market leading Electronics and Systems company, based in Dorset, that are currently expanding due to a sustained period of natural, organic growth. As a result, they are actively seeking a Test & Acceptance Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
In this position you will be given the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, varying in value, performing and leading test activities, whilst providing a challenging and dynamic environment that can allow you to progress and develop your professional career.
Responsibilities may vary greatly depending on the size and type of project but generally they will include:
* Lead test phases or events for given projects.
* Create and develop test plans, procedures and schedules for verification of design testing including Validation & Verification strategy
* Preparing and agreeing test specifications, budgets and timescales with clients.
* Develop, manage and perform testing of product, unit and integration whilst working with project teams.
* Analysis and evaluation of test evidence and interpretation of test data.
* Writing of reports and test documentation along with supporting the writing of test documentation.
Desired knowledge, skills and personal qualities:
* Degree or HND/HNC qualified in an Engineering/Scientific discipline, or equivalent experience.
* Experience in an Engineering/Scientific discipline & experience in managing/leading testing activities.
* Specialism within an engineering discipline would be an advantage, i.e. electrical, acoustic etc.
* Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) or Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) or working to achieve membership is desirable.
* Knowledge and understanding of Engineering lifecycles and process.
* Preferably have an understanding of military systems in particular maritime systems.
* Background in and understanding of maritime systems.
* Understanding of Electro-Mechanical testing.
* Must be capable of writing technical reports and have experience of writing independently and extracting information from technical experts.
If you feel you are suitable and are interested in this vacancy, please do apply! We will aim to reach you within 2-working days. If you have not heard back within 5-working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.