Our client have an exciting opportunity within the System Design and Validation (SD&V) team, who are responsible for undertaking overall Weapon System and Missile systems design activities within the UK. These activities provide a consistent systems engineering approach to all stages of product development; from concept to in-service support.
Systems Design Engineers provide the main technical focus for our primary development projects and major sub-systems contracts and interface with both our customers and suppliers on technical issues.
The design team have a proven track record in developing complex weapon systems to meet demanding customer needs, making use of new technologies and methodologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our products.
We currently have a number of opportunities to join our Weapon Systems teams, working on our programmes in Bristol. The successful candidates will be assigned to one of a wide range of roles covering early phase studies through to full development programmes delivering UK and Export Weapon Systems.
* Requirements Specification and Design – carrying out a full range of technical analyses and investigations, preparing specifications and developing designs
* Systems performance analysis
* Systems Architecture design
* Systems Validation – including certification and design verification
* Flow-down of system requirements to subsystem requirement specifications
* Define and maintain design justification record providing linkage from system requirements to subsystem requirements
* Development of system-level test sequences
* Liaise with European counterparts, where appropriate to project, to maintain a coherent system design
* Liaise with subsystem teams, to ensure design proposals take into account existing design constraints
* Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) activities are increasing adopted within MBDA’s System Engineering domain
* Working on established projects such as Sea Viper, Sea Ceptor and Land Ceptor; delivering UK and Export Weapon Systems
* Maintaining best practices and establishing modulation and re-use techniques across all projects
* Support customer working groups as required
What’s in it for you?
* In Bristol, SD&V people hold integral roles within all Land, Sea and Air based Weapons System products. The work covers all stages of the product lifecycle
* Interesting and exciting work, giving you the opportunity to work on some truly innovative and world-class technology
* Frequent opportunities to gain visibility for you and your work at the highest level both inside and outside the company
* A wide variety of technical tasks and exposure to the customer and end users.
* Excellent training opportunities in a broad range of relevant subjects; achieved through formal training courses and/or on-the-job training
* The opportunity to develop new skills, such as an MBSE
* Opportunity to move within the SD&V Function to gain experience of new areas (technical, project management, systems engineering, trials and future concepts)
* Travel or language development appropriate to project/role
What’s great about the team?