Workshop Technician – Permanent – Fareham
Would you like to work for a company who are a world leader in Marine Technology? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Technician to join the team based in Fareham on a permanent basis. The team here provide full lifecycle support for their customers across the marine and energy markets to enhance their business capabilities.
The company has operations over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world and they are actively seeking candidates to join their growing organisation.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have:
* Experience in a similar role within the marine industry would be advantageous.
* Good communication skills with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
* A proactive individual who is not afraid to get stuck in.
* Good time management and organisation skills – able to effectively manage a dynamic workload.
* Able work effectively and efficiently independently and as part of a team.
* Excellent attention to detail.
As a Workshop Technician your responsibilities will include:
* Contribute to the execution of workshop service tasks, such as: overhauls, reconditioning, modification, cleaning, and machining of reciprocating engine components.
* Liaise closely with Team Leader and Senior Workshop Technician to ensure work scopes are kept within budget and specified delivery schedule.
* Ensure that all activities in the workshop and on-site are carried out in accordance with the site safety rules and in compliance with the Company’s Health and Safety standard ISO 45001/2018.
* Ensure that all work is carried out to ISO 9001/2015 standard.
* Carry out proactive preventative maintenance tasks on plant equipment.
* Undergo appropriate training to gain competencies with heavy lifting equipment; Forklift, overhead gantry cranes, component turning equipment.
This role is working Monday – Thursday (8:00am-4:00pm) and Fridays (8:00am-3:30pm) with overtime available.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.